1. The Great Pacific Garbage Patch is a huge area of marine debris in the North __________ Ocean.
2. Marine debris is garbage, trash, or _________ in the ocean.
3. The Great Pacific Garbage Patch is the world's __________ area of marine debris.
4. The Great Pacific Garbage Patch _________ an island of trash.
5. It _____________ from the West Coast of North America to Japan.
6. Plastics are the most common _________ of marine debris.
7. Most of this debris comes from ___________ bags, bottle caps, plastic water bottles and Styrofoam cups.
8. The sun __________ these plastics into smaller and smaller pieces called microplastics.
9. The __________ bits of plastic make the water look like a cloudy soup.
10. Larger things, like fishing nets, soda cans, and shoes, are mixed into this _________.
11. Marine debris is ____________ to marine life.
12. Cleaning up marine debris is not _________.
13. Nets catch trash, but they also catch sea ____________.
14. Scientists say the best answer is to stop ___________ away so much plastic.