1. A gopher is _________ than a hamster.
2. Gophers have shorter tails ________ rats and mice.
3. They have small ears that don’t stick _______ from their head and large front teeth.
4. They have whiskers that help them move __________ and gauge the width of their tunnels.
5. Gophers also have keen _________ of smell and hearing, but poor eyesight.
6. Gophers _________ leave their tunnels. They spend most of their time underground.
7. Gophers usually _________ eat daffodils, onion or garlic plants, so you’re safe planting as many of those as you want.
8. A gopher’s number one ________ are barn owls.
9. A small family of barn ________ can eat up to 1000 gophers a year.
10. ____________ barn owls to live in or near your yard by installing owl boxes.