1. "Everyone you will ever meet knows something that you don't." I put it this way: Everybody is an ______________ in something.
2. Again, ______________ that you have something to learn.
3. All of this boils down to the same basic ______________, and it is this one: Be interested in other people.
4. A conversation ______________ a balance between talking and listening, and somewhere along the way, we lost that balance.
5. One more rule, number 10, and it's this one: Be ______________.
6. Don't ______________ your experience with theirs. If they're talking about having lost a family member, don't start talking about the time you lost a family member.
7. We've all had really great conversations. We've had them before. We know what it's like. The kind of conversation where you walk away feeling engaged and inspired, or where you feel like you've made a real connection or you've been perfectly understood. There is no reason why most of your ______________ can't be like that.
8. It might sound like a funny question, but we have to ask ourselves: Is there any 21st-century skill more important than being able to sustain ______________, confident conversation?"
9. A good conversation is like a miniskirt; short enough to ______________ interest, but long enough to cover the subject.