1. An outbreak is __________________.
a.) when someone escapes from prison or jail.
b.) when there's a sudden increase in the number of people getting sick with a particular disease.
2. A contagious virus or disease means __________________.
a.) it can be spread from person to person.
b.) it is very sick.
3. If someone contracted the coronavirus, that means that he or she ____________ the virus.
b.) stayed away from
4. Because of COVID-19, many restrictions have been put on people. For example _____________.
a.) schools are distributing free bottles of hand sanitizer.
b.) some countries are limiting travel and telling people to stay home.
5. To protect ourselves from catching or contracting COVID-19, there are several precautions that we can take. For example, we can _______________.
a.) avoid crowded places, wash our hands often, and don't shake hands or hug and kiss when you greet people.
b.) purchase supplies such as toilet paper, napkins, and hand sanitizer.
6. Coronavirus symptoms include __________________.
a.) cough, difficulty breathing, runny nose, and fever
b.) avoid touching your face, don't cough into your hands, and stay home if you are sick.
7. When an outbreak is contained, that means it _______________.
a.) isn't spreading
b.) is out of control
8. True or False? "Vaccination is one of the most effective ways to prevent diseases. A vaccine helps the body's immune system fight viruses."