Complete the sentences below using the simple past or past continuous verb tense.
1. One day Jack ________________ video games when his mom ______________ home from work.
a.) played / was coming
b.) was playing / came
2. His mom had a box and she _____________ the box in front of Jack.
a.) was putting
3. Jack ______________ the box. There was a puppy inside!
b.) was opening
4. The puppy wanted to play. The puppy _____________ at Jack.
5. But Jack ________________ to play with the puppy. He wanted to play video games.
a.) didn't wanted
a.) didn't want
6. The puppy found a ball and _______________ it to Jack.
b.) was bringing
7. The puppy was playing with the ball and the box while Jack ________________ video games.
a.) was playing
b.) were playing
8. The puppy __________ Jack smile.
a.) was making
9. Jack stopped playing video games. He __________ outside and played with the puppy.
a.) was going