1. One day an old man and his wife _________________ to an appointment.
a.) was driving
b.) were driving
2. His wife ________________ a bouquet of red roses on her lap.
a.) was holding
b.) were holding
3. They _____________ at a red light, and saw a young couple arguing in the car next to them.
b.) were stopping
4. There _________ a little girl in the back seat. She _______________ afraid.
a.) was being / was looking
b.) was / looked
5. The old man ______________ to cheer her up.
a.) was trying
6. Suddenly a boy _______________ to the old man’s car and asked for some food.
a.) was coming
7. The old man _______________ the boy some food.
b.) was giving
8. The young couple ________________ to argue.
b.) were continuing
9. The old man _____________ the boy to take the red roses to the young couple.
b.) was asking
10. The boy _______________ the flowers to the young couple and they _____________ arguing.
a.) was giving / were stopping
b.) gave / stopped
11. The little girl _______________.
b.) was looking happy
12. The light _______________ green.
b.) was turning