1. Who are the characters in this story?
b.) three plastic bottles
2. Plastic is made of _____________.
b.) oil and gas
3. How much plastic ends up in landfills?
a.) all of it
b.) hundreds of millions of tons
4. Rainwater flows through the waste and absorbs toxic compounds. The toxic water is called leachate, and it _____________________.
b.) can move into groundwater, soil and streams, poisoning ecosystems and harming wildlife.
5. How long can it take for a bottle to decompose?
a.) 100 years
b.) 1000 years
6. What is the name of the massive vortex of trash in the Pacific Ocean?
a.) The Pacific Garbage Patch
b.) The Pacific Trash Gyre
7. How many plastic-filled trash vortexes, or gyres, are there in the world's seas?
8. Why do the animals eat the plastic?
a.) They think it's food.
b.) Because they are starving.
9. Do most plastics biodegrade?
a.) Yes, they do.
b.) No, then don't.
10. Bottle number three is _____________.
a.) in the Pacific Garbage Patch