International ESL Video Exchange Project - Spring 2019 Session
Feburary - May, 2019Hello! Your class is invited to participate in a digital exchange project this spring and collaborate with students abroad to create digital projects to share with each other. The exchange project offers students opportunities to improve their communication and technology skills within topics that interest them while learning about other cultures and customs.
Register before 2/8How do I register?
Fill out this google form:
And request to join the Google Group:
Who can join?
Junior high, high school, adult ESL ... If you're interested, you should sign up.
What does it require?
- You'll need to be social and outgoing at the beginning to find your partner.
- It'll take some time, especially at the beginning, to attend some video conference calls and find a partner.
When does it start?
Official kick off: Feb 1st.
What can I expect?
- Optional video conference calls to meet people and see how to use Google Sites, Adobe Spark, etc.
- You'll need to be proactive about finding a partner and coordinating your exchange together.
- In addition to the Google Group, we'll set up a shared Google Site for us to be able to share examples of student work with the rest of the participating group.
- Support from your colleagues.
- Excitement and inspiration.
What types of multimedia will our classes be making and sharing?
- self introductions
- a project of choice
- hopefully a class-to-class collaborative project like a shared Google Slide presentation, a co-written comic, a song, etc.
- and if possible, one or more zoom video conference meetings between your classes
- truthfully though, what you make and how your classes interact will be up to you and your partner teacher(s).
What tools will we discuss and use?
This session we'll discuss/share/use at least:
- Google Sites
- Google Slides
- Adobe Spark
We may also get into
- and Clips
How will teachers communicate?
This session will use Google Groups (mailing list) and a shared Google Site.
Example of a partner website
This is Rado, Ryan, and LeNaye's shared website from the last session.