ESL Video Quiz: Michelle Obama's speechQuiz #: 27949
The first lady gives an emotional speech in which she details her early life with Barack Obama.
Quiz by elodiesale
This ESL Video quiz titled, "Michelle Obama's speech," is for intermediate English as a Second Language students who are studying English online to develop fluency in English.
Over the past few years as first lady, I have had the extraordinary privilege of traveling all across this country and everywhere I’ve gone and the people I've met and the stories I’ve heard, I have seen the very best of the American spirit.
See, our life before moving to Washington was, was filled with simple joys. Saturdays at soccer games, Sundays at grandma’s house, and a date night for Barack and me was either dinner or movie because as an exhausted mum I couldn’t stay awake for both.
Even back then when Barack was a senator and a presidential candidate to me he was still the guy who picked me up for our dates in a car that was so wasted out that I could actually see the pavement going by in a hole in the passenger side door. He was the guy whose proudest possession was a coffee table he'd found in a dumpster.
Well today, after so many struggles and trials and moments that‘ve tested my husband in ways I never could have imagined, I have seen first-hand that being president doesn’t change who you are. No it reveals who you are.
When it comes to the health of our families, Barack refused to listen to all those folks to told him to leave health reforms for another day, another president. He didn’t care whether it was the easy thing to do politically, no that's not how he was raised. He cared that it was the right thing to do.
When we were first married our combined monthly student loan bill was actually higher than our mortgage.
Yeah!! We were so young, so in love, and so in debt.
If we wanna give all of our children a foundation for their dreams and opportunities worthy of their promise. If we wanna give them that sense of limitless possibility, that belief that here in America there was always something better out there if you're willing to work for it. Then we must work like never before, and we must once again come together and stand together for the man we can trust to keep moving this great country forward.
My husband, our president, Barack Obama.
Thank you, God bless you, God bless America.
- exhausted /ɪgˈzɔːstɪd/ = épuisé
- a dumpster = Une poubelle
- struggles /ˈstrʌglz/ = Luttes
- folks /fəʊks/ = gens
- mortgage /ˈmɔːɡɪdʒ/ = hypothéquer
- student loan bill /ˈstjuːdənt/ /ləʊn/ /bɪl/
= Facture de prêt étudiant
Michelle Obama's speech
Quiz #: 27949
1) Over the past few years as first lady, I have had the extraordinary ________all across this country
2) I have seen the very best ____ the American spirit.
3) Our life before moving to Washington was filled _____ simple joys.
4) After so ___ struggles and trials and moments
5) I never _____________
6) No it ______ who you are
7) Barack refused _________all those folks.
8) Our combined monthly student loan bill was actually _______ our mortgage.
9) We were __ young
10) If we wanna give ________ sense of limitless possibility
11) If you _________to work for it
12) Then we _________like never before
13) The man we can trust ___ this great country forward.
"Thank you" notes for the quiz makers are appreciated. You can use the FB Comments box below to leave a message (without actually posting to FB if preferred). It's nice to hear from you. Thank you for using eslvideo.com 😊