ESL Video Quiz: Amazon CEO interviewQuiz #: 27909
This video deals with Amazon. It is asked to the company if it is headed to brick and mortar stores.
Channel: M2 IAE 16-17
Quiz by M2 IAE 16-17
This ESL Video quiz titled, "Amazon CEO interview," is for advanced English as a Second Language students who are studying English online to develop fluency in English.
Amazon.com is the world largest online
retailer. I spoke yesterday with its finance
CEO Jeff Bezos. We discussed whether the
internet giant is ready for retail stores.
« Are you headed to brick and mortar ?
You know I get asked this question a lot and
the answer is : we would love to but only if we
can have a truly differentiated idea so one of
the things we don’t do very well at Amazon is
to omit to product offerings. So when I look at
physical retail stores, it’s very well served,
the people who operate physical retail stores
are very good at it and so, you know, the
question we will always have before we would
embark on such a thing is « what’s the idea ?
what would we do that would be different ? How
to be better ? » We don’t want just do things
because we can do them but we want to do
something because… We don’t want to be
would it have any advantage other than being a
That’s the kind of question we ask ourselves,
we are looking for something that would make it
not omit to offering. We want to be
differenciated, you know, if somebodies already
do, if a hundred companies are doing something,
and you’re the hundred and first, you’re not
really bringing any value to society and so,
and typically by the way, the business results
are not very good for something like that
anyway either. And so, what we want to do, we
want to do something that’s uniquely Amazon and
if we can find that idea, we haven’t find it
yet, but if we can find that idea we would love
to open physical stores. »
-Attention to about Jeff Bezos said, he said to
me, that the candles that they manufacture are
really not because they want to sell candles so
much, it’s because they want to sell other
things that they can sell through the candles.
-Got it. He’s so smart Charlie. He’s so smart
and I think Amazon is so successful. I’ve been
thinking « why would they want to do brick and
mortar stores ? » When Amazon seems to have the
market on just about, you can get anything on
Amazon now, quickly.
As he said, it was a new idea. Tell me, what’s
new about doing that if we can do it ?
If anybody can find something new, it is Jeff
Bezos, he’s something else.
- CEO /CEO/ = PDG
- Brick and mortar / Brık ənd ˈmɔːtə / = Point de
- To set up / tuː sɛt ʌp / = Mettre en place
- Retail store / riːteɪl stɔː / = Point de vente
- To manufacture / ˌmænjʊˈfækʧə / = Fabriquer
Amazon CEO interview
Quiz #: 27909
1. Which city can be seen during the first seconds of the video ?
2. Who is Jeff Bezos ?
3. What is the topic of the video ?
4. Under what condition would Amazon build these stores ?
5. Which adjective is used by Jeff Bezos when he says "We don't want to be ... "
6. According to Jeff Bezos, if a hundred companies are doing something and you're the hundred and first
7. According to the journalist, why does Amazon sell candles ?
8. According to the female journalist, which word can be used to describe Jeff Bezos ?
9. According to her, what can you get on Amazon ?
10. On which channel was the interview broadcast ?
"Thank you" notes for the quiz makers are appreciated. You can use the FB Comments box below to leave a message (without actually posting to FB if preferred). It's nice to hear from you. Thank you for using eslvideo.com 😊