ESL Video Quiz: KOKO the intelligent gorillaQuiz #: 27907
KOKO THE GORILLA WHO TALKS
Quiz by elodiesale
Learn English online with ESLvideo.com.
This ESL Video quiz titled, "KOKO the intelligent gorilla," is for advanced English as a Second Language students who are studying English online to improve their English listening, grammar, reading, and/or pronunciation skills.
Complete the quiz with the best options and send your score to your teacher.
We hope this site is useful to you and helps you develop fluency in English. Please contact us if you have any questions or would like information about studying English online with an online English teacher. Thank you!
Hidden in the hills of Northern California, a
few miles South of San Francisco lies Woodside,
one of the wealthiest towns in the United
It is home to a host of celebrities including a
western lowland gorilla named Koko, whose life
challenges what it is that makes humans unique.
Over forty years ago, Penny Patterson set out
to discover if humans and gorillas could ever
- everyone when they're a child has that doctor
Doolittle moment where they think, you know if
only we could talk to animals and here was a
What began as a PhD to teach sign language to
Koko turned into a lifelong relationship.
- It seemed like Penny was in love with Koko
and the way in which a mother might be in love
with her daughter.
News about Koko made headlines across the
- Koko who is a particularly intelligent
gorilla... Koko is the subject of the longest
ongoing ape language ...
But throughout their time together, Penny has
had to fight to keep Koko.
- the reality that it really would end just
didn't enter our mind.
Now nearly half a century since the project
began, the line between humans and apes is
A court in Argentina has ruled that now orang
outans can be granted some of the legal rights
enjoyed by humans.
With over 2,000 hours of footage collected over
forty four years, does project Koko finally
prove that animals can communicate their
thoughts and feelings with humans?
Or are there some things that will always
separate us from our closest relatives?
- Northern /ˈnɔːðən/ = du Nord
- Western lowland /ˈwɛstən/ /ˈləʊlənd/ =
Plaine de l'ouest
- Closest relatives = Parents les plus proches
KOKO the intelligent gorilla
Quiz #: 27907
1) Where is Koko the gorilla from ?
2) It is home to ______ including a western lowland gorilla named Koko, whose life challenges what it is that makes humans unique.
3) What has Penny Paterson tried over forty years ?
4) Everyone when they're a child has that 'Doctor Dolittle moment' where they think, ____ and here was a chance.
5) What began as a PhD ____ turned into a lifelong relationship.
6) In what way is Penny in love with Koko ?
7) What is the particularity of Koko as a gorilla ?
8) But throughout their time together, Penny ___ Koko.
9) When did the project begin ?
10) With over ___ hours of footage collected over forty four years, does project Koko finally prove that animals can communicate their thoughts and feelings with humans?
11) Or are there some things that _____ from our closest relatives?
12) What is this type of video ?
13) How many different voices are there in the document?
"Thank you" notes for the quiz makers are appreciated. You can use the FB Comments box below to leave a message (without actually posting to FB if preferred). It's nice to hear from you. Thank you for using eslvideo.com 😊