If you're looking for a teacher to do an exchange with, you're in the right spot!The goal of ESL Video's effort here is to help you find an exchange partner. Teachers from all over the world use eslvideo.com, and this page is here to help teachers who are intersted in doing an exchange, meet each other. Here's the scoop...
Who can participate?
Everyone can participate (elementary, middle school, junior high school, high school, adults).
What if nobody emails me?
You need to email someone on the list and ask them if they would like to do an exchange.
Where are the teachers from? How many are participating?
The teachers are from all over the world. High School is the largest group, followed by Adult and Junior High.
What kind of virtual exchange can we do?
It's up to you, but here are some ideas:
- form small groups with students from each class. Create a Google Slides deck for each group and have the students exchange weekly writing assignments.
- exchange student produced videos
- set up a FlipGrid and exchange discussions via FlipGrid
- schedule live conversation via Skype or Zoom
What do you recommend?
Personally I'd recommend the Google Slides project. It's fun, student-centered, easy to plan, and students improve their writing and gain word processing and computer skills.
Can we do this with our Remote Classes?
Yes! See the presentation above.
How do I get started? What are the steps?
- STEP 1: Click the link below and fill out the form
- STEP 2: When you receive the participants spreadsheet, check out the other teachers/classes
- STEP 3: Reach out! Contact some teachers. Ask them if they would like to do an exchange. Schedule a skype or zoom meeting to discuss and plan your exchange.
Google Sign Up Form
I'll group the responses by age and share the results back to you.
I'll share the Participants Spreadsheet with you by 7/31/20 (last shared 6/25/20).
If you want access sooner than that, contact me via the contact page.
ESL Video Virtual Exchange 2020
Group Slide Deck TemplateFeel free to use this:
Teachers' Planning document templateFeel free to use this:
Example of a Group’s slide deck
- You can show this to your students when introducing the project.
- Click Here To Open
Activities for students to learn how to use Google Slides.How to use the Toolbar, Insert Images, Change the Background, and more.
- Click to Open: Exploring Google Slides: CLASSWORK
- Click to Open: Exploring Google Slides: STUDENT WORK
The Ideal Desktop Setup - show this to your students
- How to view the Zoom Window and Google Sides side by side on your desktop
- Watch Video: https://youtu.be/H_C6BdShECw
Copyright © 2020 ESL Video, Inc.